Catholic Mutual Group
The CMG Safe Haven online training has replaced the VIRTUS training. It consists of three vignette-style training videos that are approximately 60 minutes and includes a background check to complete. The CMG training sessions are available in English and Spanish.
Volunteers will no longer be required to attend live training workshops. All Safe Environment training is now online.
- All new volunteers will complete the Safe Haven online training program instead of VIRTUS PGC training. The turnaround time for approval may be approximately two weeks or less.
- All individuals must complete the training and complete a background check prior to the start of volunteer service.
- The five-year anniversary date is still in place, individuals who recently attended VIRTUS will not be due to complete refresher training until they have met their five-year anniversary date.
- As the five-year anniversary date is met, individuals will need to log into CMGConnect with their previous VIRTUS user ID and 1234 as the password. Once you are logged in, please update the password. If you do not remember your user ID, please email one of the following:
The following individuals below will now be required to complete Safe Haven online training as well:
1. Individuals who have never attended training.
2. Individuals who are currently due for refresher training and had not attended VIRTUS training.
3. Individuals who are currently due and have not attended VIRTUS training.
4. Individuals who are out of compliance or past due.
Please log in to access the CMGConnect dashboard